Friday, February 4, 2011

February Happenings

So,

February has started off pretty great down here in DubVee.  Haven't had much snow as they did last year, just a few inches here or there.  What's been great though is the deep freeze we were going through last time I checked in has been temporarily halted, the sun came out, and we've been having some awesome weather for winter boating here.

After taking three unpleasant swims on the Middle Fork two weeks ago in the Mafia I got from Tom H., I decided my 190 pound + gear butt shouldn't be in a sub-70 gallon creek boat, so I went out and picked up a Pyrahna Everest at Wilderness Voyagers on my way to 7 Springs last week.  Another friend of mine, Mark M. from Potomac PS was ranting and raving about the Everest, and since buying it, I believe the hype.  Took it down Toyota Falls on Cobun Creek in downtown Mo'town, the a lower water run on Muddy Creek yesterday, and today I fired up the Lower Big Sandy at 6.1'.  Haven't felt good in a creekboat since I had the Skreem!

Toyota Falls Video


Additionally there are some pictures from the run floating around on the interwebs.  Since I am learning, I am going to call this one and then post tomorrow about stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment